Peru 8 Days Tour
For those who yearn to travel millenarian roads, the following program is an excellent opportunity to travel from the coast visiting Lima, the capital of the country, passing to the heart of the Andes, we will go to Cusco, the historical capital of Latin America, waiting to offer you its most elegant and remarkable stone constructions such as: Qoricancha (Golden Enclosure), Sacsayhuaman, the picturesque and fertile Sacred Valley, the splendid Inca city Machu Picchu. Following the route of the sun, Puno lacustrine city has its own charm, the most attractive is its living latent culture descendants of the ancient Tiahuanaco predecessors of the Incas, with simple airs of colonization.
DAY 01: LIMA
Reception in the Lima airport and transfer to one Hotel located in Miraflores, Lima.
DAY 02: PUNO SILLUSTANI CHULLPAS
After an early breakfast, transfer to the airport where we'll take the flight to Juliaca (Puno) (AIRFARE INCLUDED), upon arrival reception and transfer to your Hotel.
In the afternoon visit at the Sillustani Chullpas (pre-Colombian funeral towers). The scenery is desert but impressive, in a beautiful setting on a peninsula on lake Ayumara about 32 Km. from Puno. Most of the towers date from the period of Inca occupation in the 15th century, the engineering involved in their construction is more complex than anything the Incas built. Overnight . (B)
DAY 03: UROS AND TAQUILE ISLANDS
You will be picked up from your hotel at 06:40 Hr. after a 2 hour motorboat ride, you will arrive at the Uros island in the Titikaka lake. Fishermen and hunters inhabit the floating islands of the Uros. The residents of the Uros use the cattail, a type of rush, which grows in the lake, to create the conditions that ensure the islands stay afloat. The dense roots that the plants develop support the island. The roofs are waterproof and the houses are extremely humid because of the surrounding water. At present, they speak Quechua and Aymara. Then we will visit the Taquile island, where we will have lunch in the cooperative restaurant. There is also a cooperative shop on the plaza that sells exceptional wool goods which are of very fine quality and somewhat expensive. Taquile Island is famous for its craft production, particularly for its beautiful textiles. The island is narrow at about 1 Km. wide and 6 to 7 Km. long. The visit could be exhausting because of the 533 steps on the stone stairway to climb to get to the village and because of the altitude (13,000 ft above sea level). On Taquile there are numerous pre-Inca and Inca ruins as well as Inca terracing. We will return in Puno in the afternoon, overnight at your Hotel. (Breakfast, Lunch)
DAY 04: PUNO - CUSCO
Early breakfast and transfer to the bus station so you can take the ride to Cusco. Depart Puno on guided bus to Cusco, visiting on the route picturesque towns and archeological sites such as Andahuaylillas, Raqchi, Sicuani, La Raya and Pukara. Buffet Lunch included. Afternoon arrival in Cusco, reception and transfer to your accommodation. Overnight at the hotel. (Breakfast, Buffet Lunch).
DAY 05: CUSCO CITY TOUR
Breakfast. Cusco City Tour From 10:00 to 13:40 Hr. This tour includes four archaeological sites and main attractions of Cusco. The tour drives along the Circunvalacion Road up to famous fortress of Sacsahuaman, Q'enqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay Including Spanish and English speaking guide. Include Tourist ticket valid for the entrance to many museums and ruins as well. (Breakfast).
DAY 06: MACHUPICCHU
Breakfast. 05:55Hr. departure to Machupicchu. Services included: Transfer from hotel to railway station, round trip Train ticket Cusco/Agua Calientes/Cusco, bus service to ruins and back, At 09:40Hr. you will arrive at the Aguas Calientes Station, from where you will take a 25 minutes bus ride to the ruins of Machu Picchu. Once there, you will take a guided tour, with an English and Spanish speaking guide In the afternoon we'll take the train, the departure is around 17:05Hr. to arrive back in Cusco around 20:25Hr, transfer from the train station to your hotel, overnight at your Hotel (Breakfast)
DAY 07: SACRED VALLEY TOUR
Breakfast. You will be picked up at 08:45Hr. Full day excursion to the Urubamba Valley visiting: the village of Pisac, a picturesque town of creole and colonial aspect and its lndian market and craftfair. Lunch provided. In the afternoon you'll visit to the fortress of Ollantaytambo, an architectural group that in the days of the Tahuantinsuyo empire was a gigantic agricultural, administrative, social, religious and military complex, then the Chincero market. At the end, return to Cusco at 18:30Hr. (Breakfast, Buffet Lunch)
DAY 08: CUSCO - LIMA
Breakfast, transfer the airport where we'll take the flight back to Lima (AIRFARE INCLUDED), End our Services.
- All hotel and lodge accommodations.
- All scheduled transportation.
- All transfers.
- All scheduled excursions with English-speaking guide services.
- All entrance fees.
- Meals specified in the itinerary.
- International airfares, domestic airfares, airport departure taxes or visa fees, excess baggage charges
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- Alcoholic beverages or bottled water, snacks
- Insurance of any kind
- Phone calls, radio calls or messages
- Reconfirmation of flights
- Personal items
- Price per person US$ 961.00 based on double room and Expedition tourists train to Machupicchu.
- Price per person US$ 1075.00 based on single room and Expedition tourists train to Machupicchu.
- Included Following hostels: (Basic Class)
- Lima: "Hitckhiher or similar Hotel"
- Cusco: "Hitckhiher or similar Hotel"
- Puno: "Tumi Inn or Similar Hotel"
- Price per person US$ 1028.00 based on double room and Expedition tourists train to Machupicchu.
- Price per person US$ 1211.00 based on single room and Expedition tourists train to Machupicchu.
- Included Following 3 starts hotels: (Tourist Class)
- Lima: "Santa Cruz, Soul Mate Inn or similar Hotel"
- Cusco: "Prisma or Villandre Hotel"
- Puno: "Conde de Lemos Inn or Similar Hotel"
- Price per person US$ 1178.00 based on double room and first class VistaDome train to Machupicchu.
- Price per person US$ 1531.00 based on single room and first class VistaDome Train to Machupicchu.
- Included Following 4 starts hotels: (First Class)
- Lima: "Jose Antonio, San Agustin Exclusive Miraflores or similar Hotel"
- Cusco: "Jose Antonio, Eco Inn Cusco or San Agustin Dorado Hotel"
- Puno: "Jose Antonio, Eco Inn Puno or Similar Hotel"
- Aditional for first class VistaDome Train US $ 85.00