MANU AMAZON TOUR 4 Days
Paradise blessed with the greatest biodiversity in the world, inhabited by native communities that still keep alive their ancestral traditions and live in harmony with nature. This fascinating destination is surrounded by beautiful landscapes and exotic animals in the Peruvian Amazon. Becoming an ideal place for those who love nature and like an experiential tourism.
There are up to five recommended areas for tourist visits, with a high diversity of flora and fauna: Salvador, Otorongo, Juárez, Pakitza and Limonal. All navigable circuits in the lakes or oxbow lakes, where you can see the river wolves and the black lizard.
DAY 01: Cusco - Amazon Lodge
We will leave from Cusco by private bus, first stopping to visit the town of Huancarani to take a breakfast. Then, we will drive through the mountains, to get to the typical folkloric town of “Paucartambo”. Here, we will take a short walk around the town before carrying on to “Tres Cruces”, the entrance to the Cultural Zone of Manu and the cloud forest. From there, we will continue to San Pedro where will walk for around one hour to observe the national bird of Peru, the Cock of the Rock(s), monkeys and orchids. We will arrive at our private Lodge in the evening where we will stay for the night.
Day 2: Amazon Lodge - Palotoa Ecological Reserve
After breakfast we continue by private bus to Atalaya. On the way we stop to observe a coca plantation and at a view point where you can get a good overview of the jungle and the river. From Atalaya we leave by motorized boat to Aguas Calientes, where you can bath in the natural hot springs. During the boat trip we will see many different kinds of animals, especially birds, and a beautiful landscape. In the afternoon we arrive to R.E .Amazon. At night we will have a night walk to observe nocturnal creatures then we will spend the night in a comfortable lodge in the middle of the Amazon.
Day 3: Palotoa Ecological Reserve (exploring)
(Exploring) this day, we’ll explore the jungle on our vast trail system, carrying a small day pack including our lunch. On the way, we will see many different kinds of animals such as monkeys, collared peccaries and birds such as eagles, parrots and toucans, medicinal plants, and giant trees. We might also have time to swim and fish; after the darkness, we will search for caiman eyes. We will spend the night in our comfortable lodge.
Day 4: Palotoa Ecological Reserve - Cusco
We’ll get up very early to return to Atalaya by boat, where our private bus will be waiting to take us back to Cusco. We will arrive to Cusco in the evening.
- All terrestrial and fluvial transport
- Team of security
- Rubber boots.
- Lodge accommodation
- All camping equipment.(optional)
- Tent, sleeping bag and mats
- Mineral water.
- First aid kit.
- 3 meals per day vegetarian, option.
- Entrance to hot spring, and machuhuasi lake.
- Drinks bought at the bar
- Other extras not mentioned in the program
- Passport // ISIC Card
- Binoculars for good wildlife observation.
- Information about your personal insurance and vaccine certificate (if necessary).
- Extra money in cash or credit card.
- Appropriate and fractionated clothing for 04 days of tours, preferably light and light colors: long pants, shirts or long-sleeved polo shirts, a good trekking shoe. socks, thermal underwear, warm gloves, wide-brimmed hat, small towel, sandals and swimsuit.
- Personal medications, sunscreen, sunglasses, gel or antibacterial towel and personal hygiene items.
- Personal entertainment, binoculars, head lamp, waist kangaroo, backpack and raincover porter and plastic bag or rain poncho.
- Reusable water bottle.
- Camera with additional batteries.