The historic center of Lima contains great treasures that cannot be missed. So our City Tour of colonial and modern Lima compiles an alternative and ecological walking tour, we will explore the Catacombs of San Francisco, we will also visit the Santo Domingo convent and the most emblematic open-air places of Lima such as the Plaza de San Martín, Plaza de Armas de Lima, Jirón de la Unión and many more learn about Limeña history.
Through this city walking tour in Lima we offer you an experience focused on history and its relevance to current Lima society, we will assign you a qualified, authorized and super knowledgeable Lima Guide 100% in Spanish or English, you choose your language!
Good News! It is important to note that if you are in the district of Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro or any other district far from the center of Lima, we can pick you up with a private vehicle or simply send our guide to pick you up and use a means of transportation. public, to save money, let us know your preference via email.
What to expect:
Enjoy the many attractions found in the historic coastal city of Lima during this half-day excursion. During your journey through this Peruvian capital, known to some as the “City of Kings”, you have the opportunity to see a variety of historical architecture, unique cultural sights, and admire its beautiful coastal scenery.
Start your day with a morning or afternoon departure, receiving a pickup from your Lima hotel in Miraflores, San Isidro, or downtown. The first stop of the day is the historic center of the city of Lima, an area that was once known as the capital of the colonial viceroyalty of the country. Head next to the “Love Park”, a beautiful green space along the ocean influenced by the Barcelona architect Gaudí and featuring a sculpture by the Peruvian artist Victor Delfín.
Continue to San Isidro, a quiet residential area of ??Lima. Pass Huaca Pucllana to get a glimpse of the ceremonial site, which predates the arrival of the Spanish in the 16th century. Then head to Lima’s main square, where you’ll see the municipal and presidential palaces, two sprawling structures whose size emphasizes their preeminence in the country’s political life. Proceed next to the Plaza de Armas to see the Cathedral of Lima and pass by the tomb of the Spanish conqueror Francisco Pizarro.
You also pass the Santo Domingo convent, home to an extensive complex of monasteries. Before ending your visit to the city of Lima, make additional stops at the Museum of Religious Art and the Church of Santo Domingo, the final resting place for Saints San Martín de Porres and Santa Rosa de Lima. At the end of your sightseeing adventure, receive a drop-off at your Lima hotel.
Discover the wealth of historical and modern attractions found in the Peruvian city of Lima during this sightseeing tour. Feel like a true “Limeño” (a local from Lima) as you explore the city’s colonial and Inca architecture, visit its charming residential neighborhoods, see the picturesque cliff-covered coastline, and admire its many shrines and religious churches. This Lima city tour also includes entrance fees, a guide, and round-trip hotel transportation.
- Guided tour of the city of Lima
- Visit famous places like Santo Domingo Convent, Lima Cathedral, and the Historic Center of Lima
- All entrance fees and round-trip transportation are included.
- Enjoy views of the Pacific Ocean from Miraflores
What places will we visit on the Tour?
Huaca Pucllana – Colonial Lima
- We will visit the Huaca Pucllana with its great stepped pyramid.
- We will visit the Historic Center of Lima to visit the main streets of the colonial era: the Plaza de Armas, the Government Palace, the Municipal Palace, the Archbishop’s Palace and the archaeological monuments of the colonial era.
- We will visit the Plaza de Armas, the Government Palace and the Municipal Palace.
- We will visit the Archbishop’s Palace and the main colonial archaeological monuments.
- We will visit La Muralla Park.
Basilica Convent San Francisco
- We will visit the largest and most noble monument in Lima called El Convento San Francisco.
- Inside the convent we will observe its great relics and religious rooms.
- We will visit its impressive underground crypts; also called Catabumbas.
Museum of the Central Reserve Bank
- We will visit the BCR Museum where it exhibits a large archaeological collection with representations of all Pre-Columbian Cultures, Paintings and Art from all regions of Peru.
- We will also visit the largest and most complete collection of currency, national banknotes, medals and decorations from the 16th century to the present day.
- We will move to the San Isidro district to visit the beautiful El Olivar park.
- We will visit the Parque del Amor located on the boardwalk, from where you can take beautiful photos overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
- Pick up by the guide from your hotel or Airbnb as long as you stay in the historic center, Miraflores, Barranco and San Isidro
- Exclusive 100% licensed guide and a decent illustration about the story
- Ticket for the Catacombs of San Francisco: 15 Soles per person – approx. 5 USD
- Ticket for the Santo Domingo Convent: 15 Soles per person – approx. 5 USD
- Any vehicular transportation such as pick up from your hotel and return to your hotel by vehicle
- Any cost of public transportation, taxi or uber
- Return to your hotel with your Guide
* Children and minors may have discounts for tickets
*You. You can buy tickets to the attractions on the same day of the tour
Recommendations for this trip:
- Passport and entrance tickets: For the City Tour in Lima, it is important to carry the income to places to visit. In addition, the original and current passport is very important.
- Climate: In Lima, summers are hot, muggy, arid and cloudy and winters are long, cool, dry, windy and mostly clear. During the course of the year, the temperature generally ranges from 15 ° C to 27 ° C and rarely drops below 14 ° C or rises above 29 ° C.
- Bring: Light clothing, it depends a lot on the weather season considering winter and summer very defined, camera, sunglasses, sunscreen.
We recommend bringing:
- Light clothing for the day