The Nevado del Ausangate is one of the highest peaks in Peru located in the Vilcanota mountain range 130 kilometers from Cusco and reaches an altitude of (6,372 m / 20,905 ft), it has several lagoons of a luminous green / blue color, it presents a landscape natural of great beauty.
Various hikes are made to this chain of mountains covered with perpetual snow, one of them the fervent pilgrimage to the Ocongate snow-capped mountain that takes place only once a year, where the Lord of Qoyllur Rity (resplendent snow) is located, which attracts every year Thousands pilgrims, but the Nevado de Ausangate can be visited frequently by all those who love adventure and like to be in contact with pure nature.
The Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain 4 Days offers a true wildlife experience, and is the most challenging trek on offer in the Cusco region. This is a great hike for nature lovers, lots of wildlife can be spotted. The scenery in this part of Peru is very impressive: snow-capped peaks of white snow and bright blue and green lagoons are just some of the scenic highlights. There is also a cultural element to this Ausangate trek, as it passes through several isolated Andean communities where the way of life has changed little since the reign of the Incas.
Some high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible for most healthy travelers.
Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain 4 Days is an adventure in the Andes, the Ausangate mountain is located in the Andes mountain range, its maximum altitude is 6372 meters above sea level specifically in the Vilcanota mountain range in Cusco. On the way of our walk we will appreciate, turquoise lagoons of Puccaqocha, llamas, alpacas in herds, wild animals such as vizcachas, foxes and vicuñas. We will also connect to the mountain of 7 colors or also called rainbow mountain that makes this adventure unforgettable.
- Professional guide Spanish and / or English
- Pack horses.
- All food on the trek, incorporating traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Income to camps.
- dining room, table, chairs, all cutlery.
- Camping equipment Tents, mats, blankets etc.
- First aid kit and oxygen.
- An information session prior to the walk.
- Entrance to Rainbow Mountain and Ausangate.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- 7 kilograms of your personal belongings.
- sleeping bag.
It’s not included:
- dinner on the last day.
- Personal trekking equipment that includes, backpacks, trekking poles,
- Personal emergency horse. Additional horses can be rented according to the needs of the individual and the group.
- Voluntary incentives for guide, driver and cook: (it is optional).
What to bring for the Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain 4 Days?
- Day backpack with rain cover.
- Extra socks (wool is best).
- Hiking pants and layered shirts.
- Rain pants
- Camping shoes / sandals: to wear at night.
- Water resistant trekking footwear.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat and gloves).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (pants, shorts, T-shirts).
- Sun hat and sunglasses.
- Extra camera / battery.
- Water bottles like Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Personal stuff.
- Cash (if you want to buy souvenirs).