The Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days and 3 nights is one of the most spectacular treks that can be done in Cuzco. In it you will enjoy such beautiful landscapes as snowy mountains, Andean landscapes, tropical forests and even dense jungle. If you are thinking of doing a hiking route to Machu Picchu and you want to be away from everything, close to the Andean communities and appreciate the diverse nature of Peru, Salkantay Trek is the ideal route.
On this Salkantay Trek 4 Days you will be able to appreciate mountains of lush vegetation, streams, rivers and hot springs that will help you relax your body after the physical effort of the walk.
You will also be able to feel the changes in temperature during the ascents and descents of the great mountains throughout the Salkantay Walking tour. You can also enjoy some snow at one of the highest points on the road, 4,650 meters above sea level. Finally, on the last day we will enjoy the guided visit to Machu Picchu.
The Short Salkantay Trek lasts 4 days, the first 3 days are walks and you camp for 2 nights. On the third day, the journey is completed with a bus trip and then the salkantay trek takes place until reaching the town of Aguas Calientes. Finally, on the fourth day, we visit the Inca citadel Machu Picchu and in the afternoon we return by train to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco.
- Duration: 4 days and 3 nights
- Frequency: Every day, pre-booking
- Group: Maximum 20 people
- Food: 03 breakfasts, 03 lunches, 03 dinners.
- Camping equipment: 4 person sleeping tent for every 2 people, mattresses.
- Dining tent, kitchen, tables, chairs, plates.
- Horses to carry the equipment, food, and 5 kilos per passenger.
- Emergency horse.
- Beach Transportation – Hydroelectric
- One night in a hostel in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Return Tourist Train Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Ollantaytambo Transportation –
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon.
- Vegetarian food option at no additional cost.
- Canvas bag to carry 5 kilos
- Pick up from the Hotel / Lodging.
- Bus from Cusco to Mollepata.
- Official Bilingual Tourism Guide (Shared).
- Walking sticks
- Box Lunch (chocolate, water, fruit, rehydration drinks, cereals)
- Sleeping bag.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Breakfast on the 1st day.
- Lunch on the 4th day in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance fees to the hot springs of Aguas Calientes (20 Soles).
- Extra horse for riding or for any extra backpack.
- Expenses not mentioned.
- Air Flights
What to bring to the Short Salkantay Trek?
- 30 liter backpack.
- Boots for the walk must be water resistant (recommended).
- Warm clothes at night, cap or hat, long pants.
- Swimsuit in case of visiting the hot springs
- Toilet paper, hand sanitizers, sunscreen, insect repellent.
- Plastic poncho for rain.
- Medicine and / or articles for personal use (liquid for contact lenses).
- Water bottle.
- Purifying tablets.
- Original passport (for the entrance control to Machu Picchu).
- Student card (Isic).