FULL CUSCO MACHUPICCHU 7 Days
In this 07-day adventure we will visit the capital city of the Inca Empire Cusco, where we will visit the temple of the Qoricancha or Temple of the Sun, the Cathedral of the City, colonial religious monument, and the archaeological centers of Sacsayhuamán, Qenqo, Tambomachay and Puca Pucará, the Sacred Valley of the Incas and its archaeological centers of Pisaq and Ollantaytambo and finally enjoy the wonder of the Machu Picchu World. In addition, this tour is known for its majestic combination of beautiful natural landscapes, Inca architecture in Tipón, pre – Inca Wari architecture in Pikillacta, Andahuaylillas visit its beautiful Chapel, known as the «Sistine Chapel of America»; without forgetting the tasty gastronomy that can be tasted in Saylla, Huasao.
DAY 01: CUSCO CITY TOUR
Upon arrival to Cusco Airport. Reception and transportation to the Hotel where you will receive an aromatic coca tea to stimulating for the height, will have the free morning to rest and also we suggest you have a light lunch in your hotel or in one of the surrounded. 13:30 Hr. City tour (entrance to the archaeological centers and museums including) we will visit the Main square, the Koricancha (temple of the sun) and in addition we will make a route bordering archaeological centers like
Sacsayhuaman Fortress, Q'enko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay, tour finishes 18:30 Hr. approximately at the main square in order you can take dinner in one of the exquisite restaurants in the area, then overnight.
DAY 02: MARAS MORAY SALINERAS
Breakfast. 08:30 Hr. you will start the tour, after half hour approx. we will arrive in Chinchero, where we gonna visit the textile art factory. Then we will visit Moray which exhibits numerous circular agricultural terraces built by the Incas in natural sinkholes on a limestone plateau overlooking the Urubamba valley. It has been suggested that they had a agricultural purposes. Next, we will visit the Colonial village of Maras, where the local villagers own the ageold salt wells built in pre-Incan times. During Inca times, the wells furnished salt to the whole empire. Return to Cusco about 14:30 Hr. Free afternoon and overnight.
DAY 03: RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK
03:30 Hr. We will pick you up at your Cuzco Hotel, Then we are going 3 hours drive through the South Valley to the Pitumarca town, where we will have our breakfast. After that we are going to drive for about 15 minutes more to Quesiuno community (4,326 m / 14,189 ft.), where we gonna start our trek for 3 hours approx. to arrive at the astonishing Rainbow Mountain, (most of the way is going up).
The Rainbow Mountain, also known as Vinicunca, is a spectacular place near the snowy Ausangate glacier. In the way up we are going to be able to enjoy amazing landscapes of herds of alpacas and llamas, the Ausangate Mountain, many red mountains and traditional local houses. We will have time to explore the area and take pictures. We will spend approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour (depend of your trekking speed and weather conditions).
After to take nice pictures and enjoy this majestic and unique natural wonder, we will descend back into Chilca for lunch. After lunch, we will drive back to Cuzco, arriving around 20:00 Hr.
DAY 04: SOUTH VALLEY TIPON PIKILLACTA & ANDAHUAYLILLAS
Breakfast. 08:30 Hr. We pick you up from your Hotel, to visit amazing places in the southeastern part of Cusco. This tour is known for combining natural beauty, Inca architecture in Tipon, They say it was a royal garden built by order of Wiracocha. Pre-Inca Wari architecture in Pikillacta, finally we gonna visit Andahuaylillas its beautiful chapel, known as the "Sistine Chapel of America", a chapel that is home to golden altars, murals and paintings. Return to Cusco at 14:00 Hr. Free afternoon and overnight.
DAY 05: FULL DAY SACRED VALLEY TOUR
Breakfast. 8:15 am. Full day excursion to the Urubamba Valley visiting: the colorful market in Pisac. Pisac is located to the entrance of the Sacred Valley and followed by Ollantaytambo, the older town continuously occupied of the American continent. The narrow streets of Ollantaytambo, along with their channels that have not varied from the time Inca, evoke their ancestral inheritance, lunch in a typical restaurant. Chinchero is believed to be the mythical birthplace of the rainbow. Finally, we gonna return to Cusco main square at 18:30 Hr. approx.
The night is free for you to eat in a restaurant of your choice; although we always have plenty of suggestions for you should you require them.
DAY 06: FULL DAY MACHUPICCHU TOUR
Breakfast. 04:15 AM pick up to go Ollantaytambo Train's station. The expedition, Vistadome, The Voyager and The 360º departs from Ollantaytambo Station (1 hour and 50 minutes outside Cusco). Service on board the train whilst passengers watch the spectacular scenery unfolding before them. From the agricultural plains on the way, to the crashing waters of the Urubamba River, and as you get closer to Machu Picchu the soaring mountains, the scenery is constantly changing.
The train arrives into Aguas Calientes, from this town we will take the buses that will take us to the Citadel, thirty minute journey up to the citadel.
Upon arrival at the Machu Picchu entrance, passengers can go straight into the citadel as tickets will have been pre-purchased for all guests.
A guide will escort you around the citadel, pointing out the best of the ruins and recounting the history of this Inca settlement.
After the guided tour, guests are given the choice to wander alone through this fascinating World Heritage site.
In the afternoon we will take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where our staff will be waiting for you, to transfer you by bus to Cusco.
DAY 07: TRANSFER OUT
Breakfast. Coordinated time transfer to the Airport to return to Lima. END OF SERVICES.
- 06-Night Hotel Accommodation
- Tourist bus, train, plane.
- Traveland Representatives in Cusco, specialist for Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu.
- Group experience.
- Cusco City tour, Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo, Rainbow Mountain, Maras moray, South valley and Machu Picchu ruins guided tour All transfers, tours and excursions as per itinerary in group service with English and Spanish speaking guides.
- International air tickets and associated taxes
- Domestic Flights
- Meals not specified on the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as telephone bills, laundry expenses, beverages, etc
- Insurance against theft, loss, illness and/or
- Sleeping bag (can be hired from our office for US$16 for the 4 day trek)
- Sleeping mattress (we will provide you with this)
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for a few dollars)
- Strong, comfortable footwear
- One complete change of clothing (you can afford to carry more changes of clothing if you hire a personal porters, see options below)
- Sweater and jacket (something warm)
- Water bottle and purification tablets (Micropur are recommended and can be bought in local pharmacies in Cusco)
- Flashlight and batteries
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream), Insect repellent
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc,
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs at Aguas Calientes after the trek – entrance not included in price)
- You also need to bring your original passport on the trail and your student ISIC card (if claiming a student discount).
- Price per person US$ 627.00 based on double room and tourist train to Machupicchu.
- Price per person US$ 691.00 based on single room and tourist train to Machupicchu. Included Following hostels: (Basic Class) Cusco: "Ayllu Real or similar Hostel"
- Price per person US$ 680.00 based on double room and tourist train to Machupicchu.
- Price per person US$ 798.00 based on single room and tourist train to Machupicchu. Included Following 3 starts hotels: (Tourist Class) Cusco: "Prisma or Villandre Hotel"
- Price per person US$ 839.00 based on double room and tourist train to Machupicchu.
- Price per person US$ 1119.00 based on single room and tourist train to Machupicchu. Included Following 4 starts hotels: (First Class) Cusco: "Jose Antonio, Eco Inn, Sonesta Posada del Inca Cusco Hotel"
- Price per person US$ 998.00 based on double room and tourist train to Machupicchu.
- Price per person US$ 1429.00 based on single room and tourist train to Machupicchu. Included Following 4 starts hotels: (First Class) Cusco: "Novotel or Picoaga Hotel" Additional for first class Train US $ 88.00
- Price per person US$ 1260.00 based on double room and first class train to Machupicchu.
- Price per person US$ 1860.00 based on single room and first class Train to Machupicchu. Included Following 5 starts hotels: (Luxury Class) Cusco: "Libertador Palacio del Inka Cusco Hotel"